QUALITY ASSURANCE SUPERVISOR/MANAGER:
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience managing a Quality Department with at least 4 direct reports.
- Must have experience in internal and external communication, both oral and written, to support internal sales effort and communicate with customers.
- Must be able to visit customers when requested.
- Knowledge of ISO9001 processes and flowcharts is a plus.
- Knowledge of Lean Mfg techniques and 5S a plus.
- Management of entire quality system including personnel, procedures and compliance.
- Review of customer specifications for quality requirements and incorporate into manufacturing plan.
- Monitor all operations that affect quality.
- Assure the reliability and consistency of production by checking processes and final output.
- Manage the nonconforming product process to confirm issues are identified and captured.
- Manage the Corrective and Preventive Action process to perform root cause analysis and work to eliminate the issue using the 8D approach.
- Conduct quality assurance meetings when needed to address systemic issues with product quality.
- Manage the auditing of processes to ensure compliance to processes and standards.
- Facilitate proactive solutions by collecting and analyzing quality data.
- Create, monitor and report on quality metrics that track performance. Examples are:
- Cost of Quality-Weekly, Monthly, Year To Date scrap cost graph
- Nonconforming Product Breakdown-Pareto
- Failure Costs, Detection Costs, Prevention Costs Reporting
- Control of quality records and data.
- Handle customer and supplier visits regarding review of quality system.
- Complete customer quality surveys.
- Confirm adequacy of inspection equipment to perform tasks. Report and request needs of additional equipment to management team.
- Strive to achieve maximum profitability in all you do.
Salary Range (Depending on experience) $65k to $75k
Gateway Extrusions offers a competitive salary and a safe working environment. Benefits include Medical/Dental/Life/Vision/Short-Term disability and 401(k) Extra Incentives including referral bonuses, quarterly bonuses, and perfect attendance awards