Job duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience with job shop manufacturing environment utilizing uni-punch tooling, hard tooling, mechanical-hydraulic and pneumatic equipment, along with fabrication tooling design and setup. Also use of drill presses, Bridgeport machines and production sawing equipment.
- Knowledge of CNC machining setup and fixture design.
- Knowledge of ISO9001 processes and flowcharts a plus.
- Knowledge of Lean Mfg Techniques and 5S a plus.
- CNC programming knowledge a plus.
- Experience in estimating fabrication costs a plus.
- Ability to travel to suppliers and customers if required.
- Lead the manufacturing function within budget and output targets to meet customer requirements and standards.
- Ensure safety, customer quality, cost and delivery requirements are met.
- Manage the production team on best practices and follow work instruction training documents.
- Efficiently and effectively manage the production of the required daily/weekly/monthly targets in line with customer specifications while meeting quality and delivery expectations.
- Update the production plan/schedule on a daily basis.
- Report on achievement of targets and identify any actions needed. Follow identified metrics.
- Scheduled versus actual production (Dailey, Weekly, Monthly, YTD)
- Process flow timing (setup to first piece to production to shipment)
- On time delivery
- First time quality
- Training comprehension of team members.
- Develops and maintains innovative and effective cost reduction programs.
- Provides an on-time shipment of products to our customers. Plans, coordinates and schedules all production activities for the entire shop, all shifts, to ensure production dates are maintained and shipments are on time. Keep machines running by scheduling around conflicts such as report offs, vacations, rush jobs, etc.
- Promotes and maintains training programs focusing on quality and production improvements using both internal and external trainers.
- Maintains shop in a neat, clean and safe manner.
- Creates and maintains a positive working climate where teamwork is present.
- Stays current on new manufacturing methods and continual improvement techniques that result in process and/or job optimization.
- Manage supervisors and operators to see that they meet or exceed production, training and quality standards.
- Sets up and leads bi-weekly production meetings.
Salary Range (Depending on experience) $65k to $75k
Gateway Extrusions offers a competitive salary and a safe working environment. Benefits include Medical/Dental/Life/Vision/Short-Term disability and 401(k) Extra Incentives including referral bonuses, quarterly bonuses, and perfect attendance awards